Sunday, November 22, 2009

Educational Cleaning

I listened to this incredibly interesting podcast while cleaning for Thanksgiving houseguests this weekend. My recently retired teacher mother called me and told me I needed to listen to it. I am glad I did. I feel lucky that I have chosen a career that will always be changing (or at least people will always be thinking about how it can change)-hopefully for the better.

NPR Speaking of Faith
Learning, Doing, Being: A New Science of Education
November 19
What Adele Diamond is learning about the brain challenges basic assumptions in modern education. Her work is scientifically illustrating the educational power of things like play, sports, music, memorization and reflection. What nourishes the human spirit, the whole person, it turns out, also hones our minds.



No comments:

Post a Comment